For this weeks blogging marathon I'm showcasing " Soups & Salads". For the First day I made Tabbouleh an arab salad for the event. Check this Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#38.
Tabbouleh is a arab salad, traditionally made of bulgur wheat & mix of veggies topped with a lemon & oil dressing. I replaced bulgur with quiona & rest of the salad recipe remained the same. It is sure a healthy filling salad.
Prep Time-10mins | Cook Time-20mins | Yields-2 servings
1/2 Cup Quiona / Keenwah
Water 3/4 Cup water
1big roma tomato chopped in to small pieces
2Scallions chopped1Tbs lemon juice
1Tsp black pepper (Adjust if needed more)
1Tbs olive oil
1/4cup chopped parsley
- Cook quiona with 3/4 Cup water on a stop top. Once all the water is absorbed switch off heat & close it with a lid for 10mins. Transfer the cooked quiona on to a plate and allow it to cool.
- Mean while in a small bowl add chopped tomatoes, scallions, lemon juice, black pepper, oil, salt & parsley. Mix them well.
- Now add the quiona to the mix bowl & mix it gently. Make sure that the ingredients are mingled well.
- Adjust salt, pepper & lemon juice if needed.
- If needed add little more of oil. But I liked it with less oil.
- Use olive oil for perfect taste.
I served it with my afternoon lunch along with roti.
Follow me on "Facebook", "Google+", "Pinterest" for daily updates. Leave me a comment on any queries regarding this recipe & I will be able to answer it for you as soon as possible.