Quiche is a savory breakfast dish. Quiche is a crust based dish but you can find many crustless ones online. One of those variations to this recipe I came across is baking egg mixture in bread. In coincidence I had some left over bread & decided on giving this dish a try. You can use white, wheat or your choice of bread to make this dish. The egg mixture I used is a basic omelette batter but you can get creative and add in few more greens like spinach, broccoli or your choice of veggies to suite your taste buds. You can either use the whole egg or just the egg whites to make it healthy.
Adapted from here - Quiche Toast Cups
Serves - 2 to 3 people
1/2Onion finely chopped
1Tbs minced garlic
1Tomato finely chopped
3Tbs chopped coriander leaves
1/4Cup parmesan cheese
Oil to grease pan
Salt & black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven @300 degrees. Grease pan & keep aside.
- In a bowl add onions, tomatoes, coriander leaves, cheese, garlic, milk, salt & pepper. Mix them well.
- To the bowl break open eggs & whisk the mixture smooth.
- Stuff breads in to greased pan & keep it in the oven for few minutes. Remove from oven & add in the ready mixture to bread pockets.
- Bake them @300 degrees for 20 to 25mins. They will be puffed as seen in the picture & time to remove from oven.
- Cool them on counter for few minutes & serve them as they are or with ketchup.
- You can cut bread rinds for neat look.
- Roll bread a little to flatten it & it will make the jobs easy of stuffing bread in the pan. I skipped rolling the bread.
- Play with ingredients as you like.
Follow me on "Facebook", "Google+", "Pinterest", "Instagram" for daily updates. Leave me a comment on any queries regarding this recipe & I will be able to answer it for you as soon as possible.