3/4Cup all-purpose flour
1/2Tsp baking powder
1/4Tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
1/4Cup butter melted or @room temperature
1Large egg @ room temperature
1/4Cup sugar + 4Tbs sugar
1Tbs orange zest
1/4Cup orange juice
1/2Tsp vanilla extract
2Tbs thick yogurt / greek yogurt
Nutella for frosting
Pre-heat oven @350 degrees & add liners to the cupcake pan.
- In a bowl sift flour, baking powder, soda & salt. Mix them with a spatula & keep aside.
- In a large bowl break open egg, add in sugar to it & mix them to a creamy consistency.
- Next mix in orange zest, juice, vanilla extract & yogurt.
Batter & Baking
- Incorporate dry ingredients to wet ingredients little by little. Mix them well.
- Once the batter is ready scoop them in to cupcake liners halfway thru.
- Bake them @350 degrees for 25mins or till the wooden pik comes out clean.
- Remove from oven & cool them down.
- Take a generous amount of Nutella & frost it to cup cakes.
- Sprinkle on some edible confetti & serve.
- Sugar was just perfect in these cupcakes. You can add whole 1/2Cup of sugar to make them little more sweeter. With nutella frosting they were perfectly sweet enough.
- Oven time varies so adjust it as needed.
- Replace butter with canola or vegetable oil.
Follow me on "Facebook", "Google+", "Pinterest", "Instagram" for daily updates. Leave me a comment on any queries regarding this recipe & I will be able to answer it for you as soon as possible.