Friday, April 3, 2015

Baked Sweet Potato Fries

Sweet Potato fries are one of my favorite small appetizers I love to munch on. They were on my to do list for a long time & the time has come for me to experiment a healthy version of these at home. I saw many recipes but one caught my eye with the crispy texture I'm looking for. Baked sweet potato fries are tend to get soft in texture. Then I came across a recipe suggested adding corn starch for a crispier texture. The end result was satisfying as they were crispier out side & softer inside. One thing I would love to change the next time I'm making this fries is cutting them a little thicker than I have done here. Other than that they were perfectly good to munch on without any guilt. 
Prep Time-10mins 
Cook Time -30mins 
Serves-2people
Ingredients
2Big sweet potatoes
1Tbs corn starch
1Garlic grated / 2Tsp garlic powder 
1Tsp cumin powder {Coarsely grind} 
1Tsp chili powder
2Tbs oil 
Salt 
Directions 
- Pre-heat oven @350 degrees. Layer a cookie sheet with foil & keep aside.
- Wash & peel sweet potatoes. Wipe them with a cloth before slicing them. Cut them in lengthwise as see above. 
- Take a zip lock bag & add in sliced sweet potatoes to it. 
- Add in corn starch & lock it. Now shake it to coat corn starch evenly to slices. 
- Next add in garlic, cumin powder, chili powder, oil & salt. Lock the bag & shake it well. Make sure all are coated very well.
- Now transfer them to baking sheet & layer them neatly, while leaving space in between. 
- Bake them @350 degrees for 15-20mins. Remove from oven reverse the fries. 
- Again bake them for 5-10mins & remove them from oven. 
- Cool them off a bit & serve with a ketchup or your choice of dip. 
Note
- You can use your choice of spice mix to flavor it up. 
- Baking time varies from oven to oven. So check in between to avoid burning them.
- Make sure you are cutting bigger pieces rather than thin slices.
Follow me on "Facebook", "Google+", "Pinterest", "Instagram" for daily updates. Leave me a comment on any queries regarding this recipe & I will be able to answer it for you as soon as possible.

18 comments:

  1. We love sweet potato fries. Adding corn starch to get the crispy texture is a great tip. Will make it this way next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making me hungry.. Such a delicious bake...

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a delectable way to enjoy sweet potato fries. Classy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flavorful and crispy baked sweet potatoes..guilt free snack..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Couldnt resist to this beautiful guilt free fries, my elder one's favourite..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh sreevalli, is it going to be a healthy snack like this all this month!!! Oh i m loving it totally!!! bookmarked these!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a delicious guilt free snack. Looks so inviting...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great idea to make crisps at home and baking them sounds wonderful. They lok delicious , feel like munching on some.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are very popular at home. Though I omit the spices for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tried them once earlier and wasn't happy with the texture I ended up with. Next time will try your idea of cornstarch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fries look crispy and looks like addition of corn starch worked

    ReplyDelete
  12. can u pass it to me...wanna munch on them for tea...they look just perfect

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is my family's favorite snack and make it as often as I can :) looks so tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such fantastic snack!...the click makes me want to grab off the screen!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is one such delicious and guilt free snack...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another gulit free snack. Looks good

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this delicious snack with sweet potatoes. I better make them before they disappear form the scene here.

    ReplyDelete