Friands are generally backed in a Friand pan, which are sold in the market, but I went a head using a mini cake pan in making this cakes. Topping them with raspberries added a tangy bite to the cake.
To know what my other friends are cooking, check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 44.
Adapted from here.
Prep Time-20mins | Cook Time-20mins | Yields-9Friands
65g or 2/3Cup pecans
20g or 1/2Cup desiccated dry coconut
1Cup icing sugar
120g / 1/2Cup butter @room temperature
1/2Cup frozen raspberries
1Tbs icing sugar for dusting
2Tbs flour for dusting
1Tbs butter for brushing the pan
- Pre heat oven @350degree. Butter the muffin pan or a mini cake pan or Friand pan if you have. Dust it with flour & keep aside.
- Grind pecans & coconut to a smooth flour.
- In another bowl light whisk eggs & keep aside.
- In a large bowl mix pecan & coconut flour, egg white, butter, sugar & flour.
- Mix them well till they are blended well.
- Scoop up the batter & fill in the pan wholes to the top.
- Now top the batter with raspberries.
- Bake @350degrees for 15mins to 20mins or until the tooth picks comes out clean.
- Once they are done, remove them from oven & cool them down on a counter top.
- Dust Friands with icing sugar & serve them warm.
- You can replace pecan & coconut flour with almond flour.
- Raspberries can be replaced by blueberries, strawberries or any other fruit you like.
Follow me on "Facebook", "Google+", "Pinterest" for daily updates. Leave me a comment on any queries regarding this recipe & I will be able to answer it for you as soon as possible.