Today I'm sharing a breakfast recipe from Denmark. To know what my other friends are cooking, check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 44.Ebelskiver are Danish cute little puffed pancakes, which are made using a special pan to get their shape. This pancakes can be served as breakfast, dessert or also as a snack. You can serve them with jam's, flavored butter or can top with any of your favorite fruits along with dried nuts.
The basic recipe of ebelskiver, which I got from a cookbook included eggs in it. I tried replacing eggs & it worked out fine in this dish. The ebelskiver is very similar to paniyaram pan you get in India. Here I'm sharing a eggless version of these delicious pancakes you will love.
Adapted from a cookbook.
Prep Time-10mins | Cook Time-10mins | Yields-18ebelskivers
1Cup All-purpose flour
Pinch of salt
1/2Tsp baking soda
1/2Tsp baking powder
1Tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2Tsp cinnamon powder
ToppingFew chopped almonds
- In a bowl sieve flour, baking soda, baking powder & cinnamon powder.
- In another bowl whisk sugar , salt, yogurt, milk & apple cider vinegar until sugar dissolves completely.
- Now mix in dry ingredients with the wet ones.
- Meanwhile heat the Ebelskiver pan. Rub the pancake holes with butter.
- Fill in the holes with batter completely. Allow the batter to cook. You can see a crust formed & the edges are well done.
- Now use a skewer & turn them to the other side. Allow them to cook completely on other side too.
- Now repeat the same with left over batter.
- while serving top the ebelskiver with honey & almonds. Serve them warm.
- If you are adding eggs, then omit apple cider vinegar from the recipe.
- Adjust the sugar if you want it to be on sweeter side.
- Topping can be any of your choice.
Follow me on "Facebook", "Google+", "Pinterest" for daily updates. Leave me a comment on any queries regarding this recipe & I will be able to answer it for you as soon as possible.