Sunday, June 22, 2014

Vankaya Perugu Pachadi | Brinjal Yogurt Chutney

For this week theme on BM I'm  presenting "Summer Special". Enjoy the dishes & don't miss the update. Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 41.


Yogurt chutneys are the regular dishes in summer. It is believed that yogurt helps in keeping your body cool & helps beat the heat of sun. Lassi's, smoothies, cool drinks & ice creams are the few things you can enjoy having on summer days. 
Yogurt Chutney or Perugu pachadi has many variations & I'm sharing the simple version of making it. In this chutney I simply pan fried brinjal along with tomatoes, but to make it much flavorful you can roast brinjal {As you do for baingan bartha} & make this dish. Though that process is elaborated it tastes delicious.
Prep Time-5mins | Cook Time-30mins | Serves-3people
Ingredients
2Cups yogurt {Curd}
2Indian eggplant chopped
1Tomato chopped
3Green chili's sliced 
Salt to taste 
Few coriander leaves to garnish
1Tbs oil
1Tsp mustard seeds
1Tsp jeera 
Pinch of hing {Asafetida}
Directions
- Heat pan with oil & too that add mustard, jeera & hing. To the pan add tomatoes, green chili's & eggplant.
- Cook them with a closed lid until they are soft and done. Allow them to cool.
- In a bowl take yogurt, salt & cooked veggies. 
- Mix them well & adjust if salt needed. 
- Garnish with coriander leaves. 
- Serve with rice or roti.
Follow me on "Facebook", "Google+", "Pinterest" for daily updates. Leave me a comment on any queries regarding this recipe & I will be able to answer it for you as soon as possible.



8 comments:

  1. Eggplant pacahdi looks so inviting and yummy dear :) wonderful clicks !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is surely must try, never tried with curds before..very good one..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a unique and interesting chutney !

    ReplyDelete
  4. That vankaya perugu pachadi looks so delicious. I'm going to make it some time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not an eggplant person but it does look so flavorful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm. I must check with my mom as I don't remember having ever heard about this combo! Sounds interesting though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spot on with this write-up, I seriously believe that this amazing
    site needs a lot more attention. I'll probably be back again to
    see more, thanks for the info!

    my blog; rubber flooring

    ReplyDelete