Arunachal pradesh is one of the indian states, which is covered mostly with himalaya's & also know as nature's paradise. The is a state with vast history & is very famous for the tourism. The staple food of this state consists of rice, meat & grean veggies.
Momos are a very popular dish in Arunachal pradesh. These momo's are easy to make & will taste delicious. The filling can be changed as per one's wish & this dish can be served along with vinegar sauce, chilli garlic sauce, soya sauce or ketchup.
You might like:
Prep Time-30mins | Cook Time-10mins |Yields- 14 momos
1/2Cup all purpose flour
Pinch of salt
Flour for rolling
1/4Cup finely chopped cabbage
1/2Cup finely chopped onion
1Tsp ginger garlic paste or chopped
2Green onion / scallion finely chopped
1/2Tsp Soya sauce
1Tbs white vinegar
1Tsp red chili flake
1Garlic finely chopped
Salt to taste
- In a bowl mix flour, salt, oil with just enough water to form a dough. Close it with a lid & don't allow the dough to dry out.
- In another bowl mix filling ingredients.
- Now take a small ball of dough & dust it with little flour.
- Using a rolling pin roll the dough to a thin sheet. Cut the sheet in to a perfect circle.
- Fill it with a scoop of filling & fold it.
-Now start folding from one corner & fold it through the circle.
- For the half moon shape, fill the sheet with filling & half close it & press the edges carefully.
- Repeat the same with rest of the dough.
- To steam cook fill half the vessel with water & place the steaming plate on top it. Bring water to boil & them grease the steamer with oil. Now arrange the raw momo's with out sticking each other.
- Steam cook them for 10min's & serve them warm.
For the sauce
- Heat a pan with the above ingredients & bring them to boil. The mixture will reduce. Adjust the taste if needed.
- Switch off & transfer to a bowl & serve along with warm momos.
Follow me on "Facebook", "Google+", "Pinterest" for daily updates. Leave me a comment on any queries regarding this recipe & I will be able to answer it for you as soon as possible.