Monday, March 3, 2014

Tabbouleh | Quiona Salad | Keen-wah Salad

For this weeks blogging marathon I'm showcasing " Soups & Salads". For the First day I made Tabbouleh an arab salad for the event. Check this Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#38.

Tabbouleh

Tabbouleh is a arab salad, traditionally made of bulgur wheat & mix of veggies topped with a lemon & oil dressing. I replaced bulgur with quiona & rest of the salad recipe remained the same. It is sure a healthy filling salad.
Tabbouleh
Prep Time-10mins | Cook Time-20mins | Yields-2 servings
Ingredients
1/2 Cup Quiona / Keenwah
Water 3/4 Cup water
1big roma tomato chopped in to small pieces
2Scallions chopped
1Tbs lemon juice
1Tsp black pepper (Adjust if needed more)
1Tbs olive oil
1/4cup chopped parsley
Salt
Directions
- Cook quiona with 3/4 Cup water on a stop top. Once all the water is absorbed switch off heat & close it with a lid for 10mins. Transfer the cooked quiona on to a plate and allow it to cool.
- Mean while in a small bowl add chopped tomatoes, scallions, lemon juice, black pepper, oil, salt & parsley. Mix them well. 
- Now add the quiona to the mix bowl & mix it gently. Make sure that the ingredients are mingled well.
- Adjust salt, pepper & lemon juice if needed. 
Note:
- If needed add little more of oil. But I liked it with less oil.
- Use olive oil for perfect taste. 


Tabbouleh

I served it with my afternoon lunch along with roti.


Follow me on "Facebook", "Google+", "Pinterest" for daily updates. Leave me a comment on any queries regarding this recipe & I will be able to answer it for you as soon as possible.

20 comments:

  1. This is a very healthy and tasty salad. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely and colorful looking salad. excellent pics as well.
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love tabbouleh. Had it for the first time at Dubai and fell in love with it. What contrasting flavors. good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very healthy,nutritious and colourful salad, my favourite food..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salad and roti surely looks very inviting..good combo..

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow such an healthy and delicious salad :) I wud love to finish the whole bowl right away :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting salad.... new to me...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quinoa in a salad is one of my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Makes filing meal.. Looks so tempting with colorful ingredients..

    ReplyDelete
  10. what an interesting twist to use quinoa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this healthy & refreshing tabbouleh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very healthy Salad and appealing and colourful. Am sure it is very tasty too

    ReplyDelete