For this weeks blogging marathon I'm showcasing " Soups & Salads". Today I'm sharing a healthy sprout salad. Check this Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#38.
Moong sprouts salad / Mung sprouts salad is a healthy indian style salad. Sprouts are a healthy & nutrient food. They can be made with different pulses & I chose moong bean sprouts for this salad. I made it in Indian style as I don't have to add oil in the dressing & it only needs 3 ingredients to build the flavor in salad. Check my post for how to sprout for step wise post.
1Cup moong dal sprouts
1/2Cup grated carrot
1Tbs lemon juice
1Tsp red chili powder (Adjust accordingly)
- Steam cook mung dal for 5mins. Remove them & cool them.
- Mean while in a bowl mix carrots, lemon juice, red chili powder & salt.
- Now add the moong sprouts to the bowl & mix them well.
- Adjust salt & chili powder if needed.
- Garnish as you like & enjoy this healthy salad.
- You add finely chopped onions for a crunch in the salad.
- You can mix & match veggies in this salad. So play with the combo's as you like.
Follow me on "Facebook", "Google+", "Pinterest" for daily updates. Leave me a comment on any queries regarding this recipe & I will be able to answer it for you as soon as possible.