For this weeks blogging marathon I'm showcasing " Soups & Salads". Today I'm sharing a healthy soup made of egg whites. Check this Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#38.
Kimchi egg drop soup is packed with nutrients & proteins that we need on a daily basis. The soup tasted delicious with fermented juices of kimchi & the broken egg whites. I made it with left over cucumber kimchi I made few weeks back. You can replace this with a store bought or any home made kimchi.
Prep Time-10mins | Cook Time-20mins | Yields-2servings
1Tbs tomato paste or 1 tomato pureed
1/2Tsp red chili pepper (Optional)
Few scallions & grated carrots for garnish
- Take a vessel with water & to that add kimchi.
- Along with that add tomato paste, chili powder, sugar & salt.
- Bring it to boil & cook for 15mins or till the veggies are done. Adjust the salt, spiciness & sugar if needed.
-Now separate the egg whites in to a bowl. whisk it with a spoon & add directly to soup.
- The egg breaks & mingles with the soup. Cook for 5mins & switch off heat.
- Garnish with spring onion, carrots & serve it as you like.
- Kimchi will have sufficient spiciness to it. If needed add extra or just omit adding it.
- You can add the whole egg instead of egg whites.
I served it with a egg white omelette & roti for lunch. It was filling & good.
Follow me on "Facebook", "Google+", "Pinterest" for daily updates. Leave me a comment on any queries regarding this recipe & I will be able to answer it for you as soon as possible.