For this weeks blogging marathon I'm showcasing "Naan" recipes. Today I'm sharing recipe for "Garlic Naan with no yeast" . Check this Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#38.
Prep Time-2hrs | Cook Time-15mins | Yields-10 naan's
1/2Tsp baking powder
1/8Tsp baking soda
2Tbs butter @ room temperature
3Tbs minced garlic
Few coriander leaves for garnish
Step Wise instruction see here.
- In a bowl mix yogurt, milk & sugar.
- Now add maida, baking powder, soda, salt & sugar.
- Knead it to form a dough by adding little water or as needed. Adjust salt if needed.
- Keep this dough closed with a wet cloth. Allow it to sit for at least 1hr.
- Mix minced garlic & butter in a bowl.
- Now divide the dough in to 4 balls. Roll them using a rolling pin flat.
- Add minced garlic & coriander to butter. Now apply butter on to one side of the flat bread & repeat the same with rest of the dough.
- Heat a pan & when pan is hot lay a naan on the pan & close it with a lid .
- You can see bubbles forming on the bread. Flip the bread & apply garlic butter to the cooked side.
- Now cook other side with out a lid.
- Flip & check if the naan is done. Apply the garlic butter to naan & transfer it to a plate.
- Repeat the same with rest of the dough balls.
- Serve warm & enjoy.
-Instead of garlic you can use sesame seeds, onion seeds.
Follow me on "Facebook", "Google+", "Pinterest" for daily updates. Leave me a comment on any queries regarding this recipe & I will be able to answer it for you as soon as possible.