For this weeks blogging marathon I'm showcasing "Naan" recipes. Today I'm sharing recipe for "Avocado Garlic Naan with no yeast".Check this Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#38.
Naan is a flat bread that has many varieties & is adapted, modified based on the local cuisine. You can tweak the dish according to your taste buds wish. The varieties include few of these plain naan, stuffed naan, butter naann.. etc. Here is a avocado garlic naan I experimented mixing two different flours & loved it. It is not a stuffed naan but I modified the basic naan by adding the avocado pulp, which gave a creamy taste to the dish.
1Cup all purpose flour
1Cup atta flour
1/2Tsp baking powder
1/4Tsp baking soda
Salt for taste
1Full avocado deseeded & scooped
2Tbs butter @ room temperature
- In a bowl mix all purpose flour, atta flour, yogurt, baking powder, soda, avocado, salt & sugar.
- Knead it to form a dough. Add oil & knead it well. Adjust salt if needed.
- Keep this dough closed with a wet cloth. Allow it to sit for at least 1hr.
- Mix minced with butter & keep aside.
- Divide dough in to equal balls. Dust them with flour.
- Using a rolling pin roll naan as shown above.
- Heat pan with butter. Place a naan on pan. Brush it with water & close it with a lid. Cook on medium heat.
- Leaves for more than 20sec without disturbing. You can see bubble forming as above. Now brush some garlic butter & flip naan. Brush it with garlic butter on the cooked side too.
- Cook on the other side till you see brown spots. Transfer to a plate & serve warm.
- Repeat the same with rest of the naan's.
Follow me on "Facebook", "Google+", "Pinterest" for daily updates. Leave me a comment on any queries regarding this recipe & I will be able to answer it for you as soon as possible.