When you really want love you will find it waiting for you ~~ Oscar Wilde
Valentines day is always a special & leaves many of us with a sweet print on our hearts. This year I planned for a cake then thought will make cupcakes & ended up making cookies to celebrate this special day. Made this simple red Velvet cookies & flavored them with coconut flakes to make them special.
Prep Time-30mins | Cook Time-20mins| Yields 25 Cookies
1Cup all-purpose flour
1/4Cup icing sugar
1/4+1Tbs cup dry coconut flakes
4Tbs butter (@Room temperature)
1/2Tsp baking powder
1/2Tsp vanilla extract
1/2Tsp red food color
Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven @ 350 degrees.
- In a bowl sift flour. To that add baking powder, coconut flakes & salt. Keep the bowl aside.
- Take another bowl to that add sugar & butter. Beat them to smooth & creamy consistency. To that add vanilla extract, red food color & milk. Beat it for few minutes.
- Now add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients & form a dough.
- Using a rolling pin roll the dough in to a flat layer. Using a cookie cutter cut them in a desired shape. Repeat the same with all the dough.
- Arrange them on a baking tray & refrigerate them for 15mins - 20mins.
- Now bake them for 17mins - 20mins @350 degrees.
- Remove them and allow them to cool on the counter & store them in a air tight container.
- Red Velvet Cookies are ready to enjoy.
Follow me on "Facebook", "Google+", "Pinterest" for daily updates. Leave me a comment on any queries regarding this recipe & I will be able to answer it for you as soon as possible.
Sending these yummy cookies to Lets cook sweet treats for Valentine hosted by Nayana Kanabar of Simply Food.