Prep Time-15mins | Cook Time-30mins | Yields-4servings
1Cup chopped onions
1 inch piece cinnamon
2Tsp ginger garlic paste
1Tsp garam masala powder
2Tsp red chili powder
1/4Cup coconut milk
1Tsp sugar (optional)
2Tsp + 2Tsp oil
Cilantro for garnish
- Heat pan with 2tsp oil. To that add anise flower, cinnamon, cloves & elachi pods. Fry them for 1min.
- Add onions to pan & fry them till they are translucent. To that add ginger garlic paste & fry it for few seconds.
- Now add tomatoes to pan & allow them to cook soft with a closed lid.
- Once tomatoes are soft & cooked perfect switch off heat. Allow it cool completely.
- Grind the tomato mixture to a smooth paste without adding any water.
- Heat a pan with 2tsp oil & pan fry paneer till they are light brown on all sided.
- Now add the tomato gravy, garam masala, coconut milk, sugar, Red chili powder & salt.
- Cook till gravy becomes thick & garnish with cilantro. Switch off heat & serve warm.
- You can replace oil with butter.
- Replace paneer with any vegetable you like.
- Adding of sugar balances all the flavors in the dish.
Similar Recipes you might like:
Follow me on "Facebook", "Google+", "Pinterest" for daily updates. Leave me a comment on any queries regarding this recipe & I will be able to answer it for you as soon as possible.