Palak Roti or spinach roti is a healthy & nutritious dish that is easy to make & delicious to have. I added a hint of garlic to this dish to remove the muddy smell of palak & it sure did it's magic in this dish. These roti's can be enjoyed along with any curry , yogurt & a pickle.
Prep Time- 40mins | Cook time-15mins | Yields-5 roti
1Cup atta flour
2Cups chopped spinach
- Grind spinach, garlic & green chili to a smooth paste.
- Mix atta flour, spinach paste & salt.
- Using a little water or as needed to make a dough.
- Divide the dough in to 5 equal parts.
- Take 1 ball of dough & dust it with atta flour. using a rolling pin roll the dough flat as seen in the pic & keep aside.
- Repeat the same with rest of the balls.
- Heat a pan with 1/2Tsp oil. Place on roti on the pan. Allow it to cook on onside & rotate it to the other side & add another 1/2 Tsp oil & brush it thru the roti.
- When you see the dark spots as above remove roti on to a plate. Repeat the same with rest of the roti's.
- Serve them with any side dish you like.
- Adjust water according to the spinach paste.
- I used a very little oil in making them. Use oil as needed.
- Use multi grain flour for a healthier version of this roti.
- Make sure the the dough is equally distributed.
- Dust the dough in between rolling, if needed.
Follow me on "Facebook", "Google+", "Pinterest" for daily updates. Leave me a comment on any queries regarding this recipe & I will be able to answer it for you as soon as possible.