Potatoes fry or aloo fry is a very much enjoyed dish in indian household. There are different ways of making this dish but I'm sharing a recipe which is little healthier & lighter on our stomach's.
Cook time-30mins | Prep Time-10mins | Yields-4servings
3 Potatoes peeled & cubed
1Tbs + 1Tsp besan
1Tbs red chili powder
Few curry leaves
- Heat a vessel with full of water. Bring water to boil. To that add cubed potatoes.
- Boil them for 5 mins & check if they done. You can use a tooth pick to check if the potatoes are cooked or not. Strain water & keep them aside.
- Heat a pan with 1Tbs oil. To that add mustard & curry leaves. Allow mustard to jump & then add potatoes to pan.
- Now fry the potatoes on medium heat for 5mins by stirring them once in a while.
- Add besan & 1Tbs oil to pan. Fry them for 5mins while stirring in between @ medium heat.
- Next add chili powder, salt & turmeric along with 1Tbs oil. Stir fry the potatoes while mixing the ingredients.
- Fry them for another 5mins @ medium heat while stir frying once in a while. Once the potatoes look crisp switch off heat.
- You can replace besan with rice flour.
Follow me on "Facebook", "Google+", "Pinterest" for daily updates. Leave me a comment on any queries regarding this recipe & I will be able to answer it for you as soon as possible.