Sable are french short bread cookies. The word Sable means "sand" in french & represents how these cookies are soft & have a grainy outside.will melt in your mouth.These are travel friendly & are perfect to go snack. I made them eggless & they were buttery soft & you can never make a difference.
Prep Time-30mins | Cook Time-20mins| Yields 13 Cookies
1Cup all-purpose flour
1/4Cup icing sugar
4Tbs butter (@Room temperature)
1/2Tsp baking powder
1/2Tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven @ 350 degrees.
- In a bowl sift flour. To that add baking powder & salt. Keep the bowl aside.
- Take another bowl to that add sugar & butter. Beat them to smooth & creamy consistency. To that add vanilla extract & milk. Beat it for few minutes.
- Now add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients & form a dough.
- Using a rolling pin & roll the dough in to a flat layer. Using a cookie cutter cut them in a desired shape. Repeat the with all the dough.
- Arrange them on a baking tray & refrigerate them for 15mins - 20mins.
- Now bake them for 17mins - 20mins @350 degrees.
- Remove them and allow them to cool on the counter & store them in a air tight container.
Enjoy these buttery soft cookies as you like. I loved serving them along with tea & coffee as a dipping biscuits.
Follow me on "Facebook", "Google+", "Pinterest" for daily updates. Leave me a comment on any queries regarding this recipe & I will be able to answer it for you as soon as possible.