Dhuska is a Bhojpuri dish & made for festive preparations. This is actually a deep fired dish but I made it a pan fried to make it healthy & got this idea from vaishali sabani's blog. I enjoyed them with no guilt & felt awesome. Here I have added both methods of making them.
Prep Time-8hrs (Soaking & grinding) | Cooking Time-5mins | Yields-3servings
1/2Cup chana dal
1/4Cup urad dal
1/2Cup onions finely chopped
3Green chili's minced
- Soak the rice, chana dal & urad dal overnight. Grind them to a smooth batter by adding little water at a time. Batter should be thick & not watery.
- Mix salt, cumin, onions & green chili to batter.
- Heat a pan with oil for deep frying. Once the oil is hot enough add a full ladle of batter to oil.
- Deep fry it till it cooks well.
- Remove on to a tissue paper to drain the excess oil.
- Repeat the same with rest of the batter
- Heat a pan with 1 Tsp oil. Add a full ladle of batter to pan & allow it to cook. Now flip to other side & allow it to cook on both sides.
- Repeat the same with rest of the batter.
- Serve them with Ghugni or along with a chutney & enjoy.
Follow me on "Facebook", "Google+", "Pinterest" for daily updates. Leave me a comment on any queries regarding this recipe & I will be able to answer it for you as soon as possible.