This year has been a very rough ride to me. I had to visit india for around 4months & was arranging all the essentials things for my husband to cook. I made this tamarind pulp of 2 boxes & freezed one, while refrigerated the other. It's still good till date.
1 Cup Tamarind
2 Cups water
- Take tamarind in a bowl & deseed it if any.
- Next clean it with runny water to remove sand stuck to it.
- Next in a vessel take tamarind & water. Bring it to boil.
- Cook till the tamarind becomes soft for around 10mins on low heat.
- Switch off heat & allow it to cool.
- Once it is cool blend it to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the pulp to a air tight container & refrigerate it.
- It will last for at-least 2 months.
- Freeze it if your vacationing or if you have made excess of it.
Use it as wanted.