Radish chutney that I'm sharing is a fusion of Indo Korean dish. I used Ggakdugi Kimchi (Korean Pickled Daikon Radish) as basic recipe & moderated it with indian spices. It tasted nice & felt crunchy in every bite.
2 Cups diced radish
1 Tsp. salt
1 Tbs. red chili powder
1 Tsp. lemon juice
Pinch of turmeric
salt ( If needed)
1 & 1/2 Tsp. oil
1/2 Tsp. mustard
2 Red chili's cut equally
1/2 Tsp. asafoetida / hing
- In a bowl add radish & salt. Mix them well. Refrigerate them for 1day. This process makes radish softer & removes any bitterness to it.
- As you see in the above picture you can see water oozing out of radish a little. Now drain radishes using a cheese cloth & squeeze the extra water out of them.
- In bowl take radishes, red chilli powder & turmeric. Mix them well.
- Heat pan with oil & to that add mustards & red chili's. Once the mustards start jumping add hing & switch off heat.
- Add it to the radish chutney. Now add the lemon juice & mix them.
Serve with rice. It tastes crunchy & spicy.
- Taste if you need little more salt. If needed add it.
- Adding garlic enhances flavor.
- Refrigerate the leftover & finish it as soon as possible.