1 Medium onion sliced
1 Cup besan
1&1/2 Tsp. chili powder
1/2 Tsp. jeera powder
1 Tsp. salt ( adjust )
Few curry leaves
6 Tbs. water
- Mix the ingredients other than onion in to a thick smooth paste.
- Mix onions with the batter as shown above. Heat a pan with oil in medium heat.
- Now take a spoonful of bater & slowly add it to the oil. Cook it thoroughly on both sides till they turn brown as shown above.
- Remove them on to a tissue & repeat the same with rest of the batter.
- Serve warm with ketchup or green chutney.
- For a crispier snack you can add 1/2 besan & 1/2 rice flour.
- To check on whether the oil is hot or not you have to drop in a little batter in to oil & it should immediately lift & float on top of the oil as shown above.