Cookies, cakes, deep fried dishes are never my choice of dishes. I know it's very hard to resist them so I try to avoid making them. Today I’m sharing one of those recipes, which uses less sugar & butter in making. If you have observed I normally replace butter with vegetable butter, which reduces at-least some of the calories in a dish.
Yeilds :12 cookies
1/2 Cup old fashioned oats
1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
1/2 Cup brown sugar
3/4 Cup blueberry raisin
Pinch of salt
1/2 Tsp. baking soda
1/2 Cup butter @ room temperature
1/4 Tsp. vanilla extract
1 Tbs. water / milk ( As needed)
- Preheat oven @350 degrees. Layer your pan with baking sheet
- In a bowl mix all the wet ingredients & whisk them. Now in another bowl sift flour & to the same bowl add oats, raisins, salt & baking soda.
- Now little by little add the dry ingredients to to wet ingredients. Add little milk / water as needed to make a ball of dough.
- Now divide the dough in to equal ball & arrange them on the pan. Pat them to get a round shape.
- Bake them @ 350degrees for 20mins or more if needed. They should look brown & crisp.
- Remove from oven & allow them to cool. Store them in a air tight container for future enjoyment.
Serve them with coffee or milk.
- Don't add too much water / milk. It might make your dough runny.
- Add another 1/4 cup brown sugar if you need a little sweet one's.
- You can replace blueberries with raisins & dried cranberries too.