Happy Ganesh Chaturdi to All. Hope you all had a fun filled festival this year. Here is a glimpse of our little ganesha.
On the occasion festival here I'm sharing a sweet delicacy "Gajar Ka Halwa". The specialty of this recipe is it consumes very less time in making & a yummy sweet will be ready soon.
Source : Tarla dalal
Yields : 2 Servings
2 Cup grated carrot
4 Tbs. coconut mik
1/4 Cup water
3 Tbs. sugar
3 Tbs khoa/khova (Optional)
2 Tbs. olive butter
1 Tsp. elachi/cardamon powder
1 Tbs. chopped almond
5 Cashew nuts (optional)
-In a pressure cooker add 1 Tbs. butter & to that add carrot.
- Sauté it on low heat for 5mins. This will help in removing the raw smell of carrot.
- Now add milk & water to carrots. Pressure cook for one whistle & switch off heat.
- Allow the pressure to release before opening the cooker.
Serve warm along with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Heat a pan with butter. To that add almonds & cashew nuts to it.
- Fry them till they change to light brown color. Now remove them on to a plate.
- Now transfer the carrot mixture to pan along with sugar. Cook on medium heat.
- Allow halwa to come together. It takes 5 to 7Mins to that. Add cardamon powder to halwa & switch off heat.
1. Adjust the sweet according to your requirement.
2. Adding khova/Khoa is optional. I didn't use it in my recipe.