Coming to the post in her words..
Sreevalli @ Ammaji's Recipes asked me if I can join her guest post series"Something Sweet", I happily accepted the request.I was a bit busy at home but she gave me ample time to decide the recipe and the date too,so sweet of her.Sreevalli has a wonderful space and an experienced blogger since 2009,admire her lovely clicks & yummy recipes.Thank you Sreevalli for making me a part of your guest post series,feeling very happy.
This time,I would like to share soft garlicky bread sticks.The name itself sounds flavorful.Isn't it?? I love those long cylindrical shaped soft ones a lot.Perfect with a bowl of soup or great with some dipping sauce.If you love those from pizza huts,you will definitely love this garlicky ones too with a homemade dipping sauce.Do give this a try & Enjoy !!!
Servings ~ 17-18 bread sticks
1.all purpose flour 3 cups
parmesan cheese 3 tablespoons grated sugar 2 tablespoons
garlic powder 3 teaspoons
salt 1 1/4 teaspoons
minced fresh basil 3/4 teaspoon or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
2.active dry yeast 2 teaspoons
water 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (70° to 80°)
olive oil 2 tablespoons
butter, melted 1 tablespoon
tomato sauce 3/4 cup
oregano 1 tsp
italian seasoning 1/2 tbsp
garlic powder 1/2 tsp
- Take leukwarm water or microwave water on high for 45 secs.Add yeast to this and let it stand to become frothy.(about 5-7 mins)
- In a large bowl,combine all the ingredients listed under 1.Mix with a wire whisk to combine.
- Add the frothy yeast mixture and make a dough that is not very sticky and not very smooth.Add in the olive oil half in the bowl and half on top of the dough.Combine well.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into 20 portions. Shape each into a ball; roll each into a 9-in. rope. Place on greased baking sheets/parchment paper lined tray. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 40 -60 minutesor until doubled.
- In the mean time,preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place in the oven and bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.(Mine was done at 17-18 mins).Remove to wire racks to cool. Brush warm breadsticks with butter.
- Simmer the tomato sauce along with the seasonings in a pan for 10 minutes and enjoy !!
* I used dry basil in this recipe.
* I feel 9" was too long,you can always reuce the size to 7".
* Brushing the top with butter after bake prevents the crust from drying.
* You can use bread flour too instead of all purpose flour as the original recipe calls for it.
* You can alter the amount of seasoning as per tastes in the dipping sauce or use a store brought dipping suace too !!
I would like to thank "Julie" for sharing this wonderful recipes with all us today. Here is small flower as a token of thanks.